Sunday, May 28, 2006

Ready......

And my G will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in C J.
Phil 4:19

The story doesn't begin with the flight; nor does it begin with Base Camp. This story begins in the Summer of 2005 when I was sitting in the lobby of a german hostel checking my email. The M approached me and asked me to pr-fully consider returning to Germany to intern the next summer. I agreed half-heartedly, but without making any promises.

Back in Texas, I worked from sun up to sun down... up to 16 hours a day sometimes. I didn't think about Germany often. Not until mid-august when Father suddenly brought it back to mind. I surrendered to pr. I finally sent in an application and was accepted to the JSI team for 2006.

Nothing but a drop in the bucket.

The total cost was an estimate of $4200. An insane amount of money. I sent out support letters, spoke to many people, pr-ed alot, and spent many sleepless night worrying about how in the world the money would come in.

It always had. I had no reason to worry. A passage that constantly came to mind was: The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it. (1 thess 5:24)

The first two deadlines were met "on time". I could not have done it without the support and pr of my parents, ss teachers, friends, and many others who were obedient to their Dad. For the final deadline, I realized that G is not bound by deadlines and due dates. Two weeks after the final deadline I still lacked $1184. My ss teachers were incredible. They stuck to praying the entire time, and they knew for me that it would come. If I had not seen them every week like I did, this whole process would've been so much harder on me.

Finally, one monday morning I woke up, and pr-ed: The rest of the money will come in this week. This week. Yes, money came in the mail. I received over half the amount and by the time Saturday came around, I only needed $484. But my pr-er had been to have the total amount. I checked the mail Saturday, secretly hoping that all money would spill out of the mailbox.

Nothing.

My next thought: I've still got Sunday.... but the mail doesn't come on Sundays.

I wanted so much to give up for the week and try for the next one. But I thought, No... if G isn't bound by due dates, he can't possibly be bound by the mail man either.

One of my best friends was singing the next morning at C. So I went. Though I had not gone to any morning C meetings in several weeks. I went. I sat there at the 9:00am meeting, in a pew, by myself. Then an obedient man came to me and asked me if I still needed money, and I said yes, not mentioning how much. He made me check that covered nearly a 3/4 of the amount, leaving me with only $184 now. I was so excited. After singing, my friend then came to sit next to me and handed me $50. I was pumped, and I thought to myself, I can take care of the rest now! Dad wouldn't let me do that... because at s. school, he sent yet another with $100. Could it be that I only needed $34 now???

Within 5 minutes, yet another faithful son approached me with the final amount. Had it really just happened? Had my pr really just been answered before my very eyes?! I cannot express the emotions and the thoughts that crossed my mind in those moments.

I kept thinking, It's over... wow, it's finally over!

How wrong I was to think that, when actually, it's only just begun.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is always good to hear how Daddy works things out. what would we do without Him!
i will be mentioning you to Him by name from time to time. glad i stumbled upon this blog.
peace to you. :)

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, i am quite excited that everything worked out so nicely.It just takes time and patience. i hope everything will go well for you in future. i love you bunches!

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing Father, but I am aware that you already know that. I have you in my thoughts and pr for many wonderful experiences this summer. May your travel be swift and your stay be inspirational. The Father has already laid the plans, it is just your job to walk the path he has given. Speed to you and your team. We love you!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I know God will use you for great things this summer. My prayers are with you and I can't wait to see you in 18 days when I come there! Talk to you later! love, Sarah(pink68mustangqt)

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to see how everything's working for you! I can't wait to hear how things are going!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home