Saturday, June 10, 2006

Rough Summary of Last 4 Days

I am finally here. After much praying and crying and stressing and breathing, I am finally here. It's been four days, I believe. I'm not gonna go through the details of everything that has happened because it has been so much. However, I will tell you right now I'm super pumped about everything that's going on this summer.

Wednesday, we basicallly had the whole orientation and re-familiarization of the city. I was soooooo tired and jetlagged, basically cause I'd been awake for over 35 hours that day. I really don't remember much, except my group and I were trying to sleep every chance we could. One time, one of the guys in my group and I crossed the street before our leader and the rest of the group did, and the first thing that came out of my mouth was: "*gasp* Now we can run and go to sleep!" Haha! Laugh.

Thursday, gee, I can't remember what happened that day.

Friday was yesterday and we P-walked... i think. My memory is terrible. I really love my teammates. They are hardcore. I've adopted the youngest girl on our team, Kelli, who's 16, as my daughter. I love her! Today I did something stupid, however. A few of the kids on my team and I went to a playground after our morning devotional thingy. And there was this flat circle thing that spun, and 2 of our guys, W and J were like, d, lay flat on it and we'll spin you. So, because I am not a person of good reason, I laid on it and they spun me, and there's nothing to hold on to,.. and so for a while, I was like, this is pretty sweet, but then i started to slip off. And it was spinning really fast. And I finally slipped off completely and I hit my foot on the metal, and I thought it would bruise.. except it swelled a little. It pretty much hurts, but I'll be fine. I put ice on it tonight.

On a different note, G has been showing me alot of things. One thing I saw today as were were p-walking, was all the nationalities, all the people from every part of the world that were in the city because of the World Cup. Everyone was proudly wearing they're colors, holding their flags, chanting with excitement for their soccer team. And there were 3 points that G brought to mind:
1 - All this praise and all this glory that is going to the teams should be going to G.
2 - I can't remember. I should've written it down.
3 - As a 'C', am I wearing HIS colors the way I'm supposed to? Am I representing him like these people are representing a silly soccer team?

Anyway my friends, it's late so I better go to bed. Thanks for all the encouraging comments. Much love and Many blessings.
Remember what kinda of language to use on comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home