Saturday, June 17, 2006

Adventures

I met a lady today! She's from Mexico and she's 20 years old. We spoke in nothing but Spanish. I was so excited. Her name is S. She's Jehova's Witness. Pr for our future conversations. She wants to meet back up with me tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be back in time to meet with her.

Oh! Right now I'm spending the night at a family's house, their kid had a graduation dinner and I came with my suitemate. Its so much fun, and the german food is great! I should be back in K by tomorrow at noon. Nobody worry about me- I'm in a safe place. Cause I know that immediately, some of you are gonna start thinking "oh my gosh! where is she!" and freak out. Chill. And guess what, I rode the train by myself today. Nobody fear, its completely safe. I know my way around this city -the size of chicago- pretty well now and as long as i don't act like some ignorant american i'm ok. and my german is pretty good to get me by. or i can just look at people like germans have looked at me and they'll leave me alone. I've got it!

Anyway, we get our first one-week team from the US on saturday. Pr that we may be rested enough to take this challenge on. I hear its stressful and tiring. Pr that we may be filled with the HS at all times, and that we may continually remain focused!

Okay, have a great day, friends!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do people here think that America is safer than Eurpoe? if so they arent that smatr... Violent crime is amost dubble in the US then Europe in most parts and major cities you can walk around at night and be safe, the odds that some one will come up to you with a gun are so much smaller there.. but yes missing home is no fun when i was in greece i loved it but i missed Belton so much i missed wal-mart! but hang in there... and enjoy the culturemeet people in shops and just learn what you can! ttyl

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl! so i'm guessing that the team you are talking about is mine? lol :] i'll be leaving for basecamp on wednesday and we get to koln on saturday morning! i'm so excited and i'm praying for you as well as the rest of my team. I hope God uses us in a great way. And since i saw that you had a blog and were updating it i decided to do one, in case i get a chance to update at all while i'm over there. nots ure if i will, but other people wanted me to do it as well so i was like what the heck. so yeah, its www.sarahburt.blogspot.com check it out if you have time! okay see you in a week!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nevermind, we don't get access to internet while there, but that's okay :]

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dub's funny. ANYWAY...I cannot tell you how insanely happy it's made me to get to talk to you TWICE this weekend! And my Dad was really touched that you told him Happy Father's Day in German (or tried) I'm proud of you for riding the bus by yourself and navigating around the city. Maybe when you come with my fam to drop me off in Nash you can teach me how to do that. ; D. And I def laughed hardcore at the line about giving the Germans the same kind of looks they've been giving you! As always, you're absolutely in my pr-s. And woman, you know I miss you oh so very much. I'm broken-hearted at your new lack of internet, but that will just make me look foward to your calls all the more! I love you very very much, amiga mejor and I miss you like crazy! Devote yourself completely to Dad, and He will do some AMAZING things through you. Te Amo!

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are pr for you every night at bed time with a 3 year old that remembers that you are in Germany too. Hope all is well and do not worry about home - it will be here when you get back and G has plans for you there. I am so excited that you are venturing out. It makes you truly see the need and the harvest that is just waiting to be cultivated. G has amazing things for you I know and we are praying that strength and rest come to you as you take on new friends in the near future. We love getting you updated. Jessie now has L in her class in the afternoons, so I guess you can say you have officially passed the torch for the summer. Swim lessons are the highlight of our day. G be with you sweet angel!

Melanie

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D. esta contigo, recuerda: "No temas ni desmayes porque yo soy tu D. que te esfuerzo. Nunca te dejare ni te desamparare"

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home