Friday, August 04, 2006

She Said It All -

Ever since I got home my heart has been aching to be with the JSI's again. Never before in my life had I shared such a spiritual intimacy with others... ever!!! When you are able to sit in prayer with brothers and sisters for hours, seeking Father's heart, and to listen intently to the Spirit and it's groans... you share more than a friendship... more than a brotherhood. Could there be a unit stronger than a family? More intimate than a marriage? A bond too firm to break? I think I found it this summer.

When people ask me about my summer, my first thoughts go to the people whom I spent it with rather than the fact that I lived in Europe for two months. Honestly, sharing a room with Tara, listening to Sarah and Laura making noise in the kitchen in the mornings and laughing with them at night, getting Gina's nightly "Russian love", listening to Taylor's deep insight, watching how Jenn maneuvered so well in her organizational skills, admiring Jess's nose ring, having to put up with Lara's amazing randomness, getting polish kisses from Amanda, kickin it with Jordan on the train, laughing at Linley's madness, sharing my heart with Chelsey, being Kelli's mom, laughing at the boy's silliness, chatting online with Spenser, crying to Wesley at night when I had a rough day and I just didn't feel good enough, and having deep conversations with Josh the last two weeks... are all more exciting to me than standing at the top of the Swiss Alps.

Looking back... I didn't find God's beauty gazing off into the snow-covered Alps. I found it sharing two months with these imperfect yet indescribable human beings.

But everything that I wanted to say, Gina said it all in her blog which I recommend people to read if they seek to understand me... if that's even possible.

GINA'S BLOG: www.silenceisdead.blogspot.com

Tscheus!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

heif, you're way cool

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home