These Words
Conform
Accomodate
Adapt
Adjust
All of these words have been running through my mind these past few days, as I've been working, hanging out with friends, living with my family, and going back to church. I have thought about letting me go back to being the way I used to be where I fit in perfectly to the world around me. But my entire being cries out against that thought. "BITTE, NEIN!" (that was for the JSI's.)
Conformity - similarity in form or character; accepted behavior in correspondence with socially accepted standards.
After being ruined this summer, and having time to think about it, and talk about my experiences with few people, I have discovered several things. But this one thing came to me today after having a conversation with a very interested being about my summer.
For a believer there should be no difference in behavior when it comes to an M-lifestyle and this thing I've heard people call "Reality". I have gone on many M-trips with my church and I find myself being one way on the trip, then coming home to being the same person I was while I was gone... except with pictures and a temporary "Spiritual High". I hate Spiritual Highs. I hate the concept, and the word itself makes me cringe. Because a High means there is a low or moderate scape. When I get back into "Reality", the excitement leaves, the pictures fade, and I not once live life the way I was on that M-trip. I am two completely different beings.
Reality. What is that? Is Reality the idea of struggling to get good grades in school? Is it working to pay bills? Is it having to deal with things not going our way as the day goes on?
I firmly believe that Reality is the fact that there are Souls dying and Believers are living flippantly doing absolutely nothing about it. I think I saw Reality this summer. When all other distractions of school and work and fun and games were put aside and I stood face-to-face with the enemy on the Front Lines.
Think about that.
Accomodate
Adapt
Adjust
All of these words have been running through my mind these past few days, as I've been working, hanging out with friends, living with my family, and going back to church. I have thought about letting me go back to being the way I used to be where I fit in perfectly to the world around me. But my entire being cries out against that thought. "BITTE, NEIN!" (that was for the JSI's.)
Conformity - similarity in form or character; accepted behavior in correspondence with socially accepted standards.
After being ruined this summer, and having time to think about it, and talk about my experiences with few people, I have discovered several things. But this one thing came to me today after having a conversation with a very interested being about my summer.
For a believer there should be no difference in behavior when it comes to an M-lifestyle and this thing I've heard people call "Reality". I have gone on many M-trips with my church and I find myself being one way on the trip, then coming home to being the same person I was while I was gone... except with pictures and a temporary "Spiritual High". I hate Spiritual Highs. I hate the concept, and the word itself makes me cringe. Because a High means there is a low or moderate scape. When I get back into "Reality", the excitement leaves, the pictures fade, and I not once live life the way I was on that M-trip. I am two completely different beings.
Reality. What is that? Is Reality the idea of struggling to get good grades in school? Is it working to pay bills? Is it having to deal with things not going our way as the day goes on?
I firmly believe that Reality is the fact that there are Souls dying and Believers are living flippantly doing absolutely nothing about it. I think I saw Reality this summer. When all other distractions of school and work and fun and games were put aside and I stood face-to-face with the enemy on the Front Lines.
Think about that.


3 Comments:
umm yeah definatly hit me..ive realized i need to stop pr-ing to feel ok with being here in america again..bc if i feel ok and satisfied here then i will prolly slip back..and i dont want too.I went one week and it completely changed my heart!
Thanks for sharing this it helped me..Ich liebe dich -Crystal!
Im pring for ya girl!
d...
oh i didnt know..sry!i dont really understand..im confused someone else told me that we arent supposed to be settled here..hmm i thought we were i thought we are supposed to be happy with wherever Father leads us..then they said otherwise so im really confused..hmm
<3crystal
Post a Comment
<< Home