Saturday, August 26, 2006

M: Irving

I have arrived. I got here last night without much of an expectation of what my life here is gonna be like... except for the joy of having a Starbucks in my very own town.

I had sort of an expectation of how large the town was like. All that mattered to me was it had a Starbucks. Dad gave me a tour of the city last night, and oh my gosh, it is huge! (in my small-town eyes, of course.) This place is stinkin' massive. There is even a buddhist temple here. (that excites me.) No where in Belton or Temple do we have a buddhist temple! And we drove by the Family Christian Bookstore... that place is the size of my church back home! There are major roads and highways everywhere- I will get so lost trying to drive around here. I just hope I don't get into any wrecks. Please PR against that.

Wow, if I think this city is big, I can't even imagine Jessie all by herself in freaken Nashville!!!

Nonetheless, I like it here. Last night, I was just a little tired from the drive, and trying to remember all the streets and major roads was a little overwhelming. I am excited. I have to remember my purpose here. Pr that I do. Pr that I will remain faithful to that purpose.

What would it be like if everyday I left this apartment with the thought of - I'm out to save the world today! What if every C left their homes each morning with that thought- that goal, that challenge... What would happen?

1 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

i love you d.
and it makes me sad your mission field has changed.
but also i am excited.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home