Sunday, September 03, 2006

Needs & Words

First off - I appreciate all those of you who continue to read this. I have moved to Irving (though I am in Belton for the Labor day Weekend) and -in my loneliness- I become encouraged when I receive emails and comments from all of you. Thanks!

Second - I have lots of PR needs, and since you are all my siblings, I ask that you PR for the following:
  1. A Job - it is more urgent than I realized. I'm slowly running lower and lower on funds, and I have important bills to pay- car, insurance, and one of my main methods of communication: my phone. I am starting to feel really guilty because my parents have been taking care of those for now, and it shouldn't be that way, though I am grateful.
  2. A Church - This morning I visited The Vista here in Belton, last Sunday I went to the Heights BC with my brother in Plano, and next Sunday I'm hoping to visit Plymouth Park BC in Irving. As we worshipped this morning, and fed from the word, I realized how desperately hungry I am for fellowship with the Body, and not just that, to be able to worship intimately with other believers in scripture and through pr.er. I am starving!
  3. The Reunion - This weekend in Dallas, there will be a Reunion of all the iW people that went to all parts of the planet this summer. I am so excited because I will get to see most of my JSI's again! I know it will be a blessing to see everyone; I can't wait!
  4. Friends - I guess this goes along with #2, but I get really lonely sometimes. And there's an abundance of restaurants that I want to check out in Irving, and it is a shame that I have no one to experience the new food with.
  5. Sleep - The last couple of nights in the apartment have been hard because these apartments are very different from the last apartments I lived in... Germany. See, in Germany, we were the loud ones, and the Germans were silent. In these ones, I'm the quiet one and the people who live about me like to move their furniture in the middle of the night. I haven't gotten to rest much at night.
  6. Divine Appointments - I know that in this "foreign country" of Irving, TX Father has so much planned. Pr that in my classes, at my future job, in stores and restaurants, someone is set in my path that will be of some kind of impact that will be a blessing.
  7. To Be Desperate - this is a scary one, but I need to be so desperate that I have no where else to turn, no one else to go to, but that I might find my only peace and truth in Father, and that my only response to Him would be: Where else can I go?
  8. Direction for Summer '07 - Just pr.

I'm excited, guys! This week I came to understand why you want to PR-Walk with at least two people. It is so hard to do by myself. My mind wanders so easily, I wish I had someone next to me to keep me in check. I am surveying the land, and I'm pr-ing for a Partner in the ministry - someone as hungry as I am. Pr for that too. This is a war, I know I am not alone, I know Father has many people in this city, I am so excited to visibly fight with them.

And for you, my family in Him, I leave you with these words-

And This is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God.
Phil. 1:9-11

Pray in the Spirit on ALL occassions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
Eph. 6:18-20

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So i sent you an email. go check it out <3

5:28 PM  
Blogger D said...

Why do people do that? SRSLY!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Jehu Campos said...

Have you tried attending the BSM/BSU or other christian fellowship groups on your campus? I know when I needed friends and fellowship, i found some at the BSM/BSU. Anyways, see if they have free lunch or what not, that will save on money for you too. Anyways, our friend group here in the plano area always has it's arms open, so visit whenever you want.

10:20 AM  
Blogger linley said...

i love you damaris!!! i feel like your prayer list really articulated the way a lot of us at new skools are feeling! stay strong. i am praying for you.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Jordy said...

Damaris i love you and miss you and can't wait to see you this weekend....b/c you my friend are WAY too much rock for one hand

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home